ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tsukuba
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ibaraki,
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
We are seeking candidates for assistant professor to conduct leading-edge research and to initiate international collaboration in the field of Cancer biology/ therapeutics in GI & HBP Surgery. This international collaboration is carried under the "Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities" in Faculty of Medicine, the University of Tsukuba. Upon appointment, he/she is going to stay in the Oxford University, UK for two or more years as faculty members of the University of Tsukuba to perform international collaboration research.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
1) To conduct international collaboration research at two institutions, including “GI & HBP Surgery at Faculty of Medicine, the University of Tsukuba" and “Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of Oxford". Especially, elucidating molecular mechanisms of cancer stem cells of notorious pancreatic cancer and develop bran new treatment strategy against this type of cancer, is the final goal of the collaboration research.
2) The selected researcher is expected to visit Tsukuba site (presumably 3 times/ year, at least 2 weeks/visit) during the period staying at University of Oxford, to make seminar/report of research progress with Tsukuba Univ. mentor, in order to boost the project.
3) The selected researcher is expected to visit Oxford site (presumably 3 times/ year, at least 2 weeks/visit) during the period staying at University of Tsukuba, to make seminar/report of research progress with Oxford mentor, in order to boost the project.
Cancer biology/ therapeutics in Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery (=GI & HBP Surgery)
[Address of work location and other information]
Tsukuba city – Ibaraki, Japan and Oxford city - England
[Available positions (Job title, number of positions, etc.)]
Assistant Professor Level, 1 position
After October 31th, 2019
[Details of salary, working hours, holiday, period of employment and insurance, accommodation, etc.]
1) Salary and allowances will be provided in accordance with the university guidelines (about 6,480,000 JPY/year)
2) Oversee transportation fee to Japan and to England and staying expenses, expected to approximately 3 times/ year, should be covered by this annual salary.
Limited term Full-time (until 31st March, 2023). He/she will get a tenure position if he/she passes two stages of evaluation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 406038
Posting organisation offer ID: D119041643
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.