ORGANISATION/COMPANYOkinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceNeurosciences › NeuropsychologyTechnology › Computer technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/12/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Okinawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Neural Coding & Brain Computing Unit (headed by Tomoki Fukai) seeks a few motivated postdoctoral researchers. Research topics include but are not limited to:
1) Computing with spikes (this includes experimental data analysis)
2) Integrating single-cell (dendritic) computation into network-level computing
3) Network mechanisms of memory acquisition, consolidation and retrieval
4) Brain-inspired models of artificial intelligence
5) Analysis and modeling of the role of "Idling states" in brain information processing
1919‐1 Tancha, Onna‐son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
Starting dates can be flexible. However, projects 4) and 5) are supported by KAKENHI, and earlier applications will receive priority.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/), Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years with the possibility of renewal for up to total of 3 years.
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/ja/acd/information-disclosure/)
* Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website (http://www.oist.jp/).
EURAXESS offer ID: 410827
Posting organisation offer ID: D119050333
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.