RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Aichi
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
1. Position title: Associate Professor (fixed-term).
2. Number of positions: 1.
3. Affiliation: The Faculty of Humanities, the Graduate School of Humanities.
4. Starting date: April 1, 2020.
5. Terms of Employment: Five years, renewable once subject to teaching and academic evaluation.
(1) To teach graduate and undergraduate courses in comparative literature/culture and critical theory.
(2) To teach undergraduate English as a Foreign Language courses.
(3) To contribute to the research and educational projects of Nagoya University.
(4) To do other duties including administrative work.
* Note: The teaching load will be approximately eight 90-minute classes per week per semester. The classes will include academic English as a Foreign Language courses in reading, writing, presentation and communication for undergraduate Japanese students of various schools, and courses in comparative literature/culture and critical theory for international students in the Global 30 Linguistics and Cultural Studies Program and Japanese students in the English Professionals Training Course Program. The position involves contributing to the making and marking of the Foreign Language (English) component of the entrance examination for Nagoya University (undergraduate programs), and student selection for the Global 30 Linguistics and Cultural Studies Program.
1. Remuneration: Approximately four to nine million yen per annum before tax depending on age, qualifications and experience. If the selected applicant is from overseas, the cost of his/her airfare to Japan will be reimbursed by the university (following the Nagoya University Travel Allowance Rules).
2. Working hours and holidays:
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30-17:15 (Discretionary working-hour system applicable.)
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, 6 days from December 29 to January 3. In addition, faculty members are entitled to 20 days of paid leave and 5 days of special paid leave from June to October per calendar year.
3. Insurance and pension:
All full-time faculty members are required to participate in the National Public Service Employee Mutual Aid Association's health insurance and pension plan, as well as employment insurance and workers' accident compensation insurance.
1. E-mail submission of the application documents will not be accepted.
2. Additional documents may be requested during the selection process.
3. Personal information in the application will be used only for the purpose of applicant screening and employment.
4. The application documents, including submitted publications, will not normally be returned. If you wish to have them returned, please include an envelope with the return address written on it and postage stamps of an appropriate amount or a delivery payment invoice.
5. Applications from female researchers are encouraged. Details of Nagoya University's policy of positive action for increasing female faculty members can be found at:
EURAXESS offer ID: 419383
Posting organisation offer ID: D119060461
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.