RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureComputer scienceEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Knowledge engineeringInformation science › Library scienceTechnology › Computer technologyTechnology › Construction technologyTechnology › Information technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
-The candidate will be screened and employed based on the procedure "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER)"by MEXT.
For this job opening, Hiroshima University invites applications for one full-time assistant professor (tenure-track) position in Transportation Engineering/Transportation Planning as "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER)" selected by MEXT.
[Number of Positions Available, Areas of Research and Institution]
(1) Job classification: Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
(2) Areas of Research:
Transportation Engineering or Transportation Planning
(3) Affiliation (Appointment):
Academy of Hiroshima University (Department of Development Technology, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation)
[Address of work location and other information]
The workplace will be located on the Higashi-Hiroshima campus.
[Number of positions]
December 1, 2019 (Applicants should be able to begin working immediately after December 1, 2019, and no later than the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2019.)
(1)Term of Appointment
1)Period of employment: Five (5) years. Applicants should be able to begin working immediately after December 1, 2019, and no later than the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2019.
2)No reappointment or extension of employment will be offered. However, tenure-track faculty members will undergo a tenure review within six (6) months prior to completion of the term of appointment, and those who have successfully passed the review process will be granted tenure.
1)A monthly salary system will be applied to the successful applicant.
2)Various types of insurance (health, mutual aid pension fund, unemployment, and accident compensation) are available to an assistant professor of Hiroshima University.
(1) The employment conditions and regulations of Hiroshima University shall apply as deemed appropriate.
(2) The workplace will be located on the Higashi-Hiroshima campus.
(3) A discretionary working-hour system is in place for professional work. This means an assistant professor can manage their own working hours, although formal working hours are considered to be 7 hours, 45 minutes a day.
(4) A maternity and childcare leave system will be applied.
1) Employer: Hiroshima University
2) Probationary employment period: six (6) months (Hiroshima University Work Regulations for Employees)
3) Personal information obtained from application documents will not be used or provided to any third party for purposes other than the necessary procedures related to personnel affairs, salary, and welfare.
(1)All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(2) We have developed various training courses and seminars for faculty members according to their career stage. (e.g., how to write an academic paper in English, how to create an application form for external research funds, how to manage a laboratory, and so on)
(3)We strongly welcome applications from international researchers.
(4)We enforce support for female researchers.
On- and off-campus nurseries are available. The support staff of the university will provide assistance in finding a nursery. We enforce gender equality. Details can be found on the website of the Gender Equality Promotion Office (https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/gender).
MEXT Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers Post No.A6502
This is a reposted job information of D119031481. This job information has been changed to an "un-required of advance Notice" .
EURAXESS offer ID: 423946
Posting organisation offer ID: D119061142
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.