RESEARCH FIELDEconomicsEducational sciencesJuridical sciencesPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/08/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ishikawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Open Position: Associate professor, Lecturer or Assistant professor (five-year fixed-term contract)
Any promotion or reappointment will be decided upon review at completion of the term. Based on the results of an internal review by Kanazawa University concerning educational and research achievements, the promotion to tenured professorship/associate professorship or the reappointment as tenured associate professor/tenured assistant professor is possible.
Standards for tenure will be based on: (1) both educational and research achievements in the candidate's academic fields are recognized as excellent; (2) the candidate has obtained sufficient competitive research funding and conducted appropriate and responsible research activities; (3) contributions to the university and society are recognized as sufficient.
Number of Position: One
Faculty of Global Standard Education at the Institute of Liberal Arts and Science
Specialty: International volunteer studies; Studies for international NGO and NPO; International relations; Studies for international development; International political economics.
1) Teaching “Volunteering in Global Society" in the liberal arts curriculum
2) Designing/planning and coordinating “Volunteering in Global Society" classes in the liberal arts curriculum
3) Developing teaching materials for “Volunteering in Global Society" classes in the liberal arts curriculum
4) Designing/planning, coordinating and teaching GS classes for undergraduates in related specialized fields.
5) Administrative support for overseas education related to GS subject "Cross-cultural Experiences" and other internationalization projects.
6) Taking part in guidance for students of administrative work and institutional projects
Date of Employment:
April 1, 2020 (negotiation for later date is possible)
Position and salary are commensurate with the candidate's academic and employment experiences. Salary and benefits are specified in the Kanazawa University's regulations. For further information, see the following university's website (in Japanese):
1) Institute of Liberal Arts and Science and our liberal arts curriculum are being presented at the following university website (in Japanese).
2)Kanazawa University is endeavoring to improve the quality of educational opportunities available in English as well as to increase the number of classes and courses taught in English.
3)Position and salary are commensurate with the candidate's academic and employment experiences. Salary and benefits are specified in the Kanazawa University's regulations. For further information, see the following university's website (in Japanese):
4) Kanazawa University actively promotes a gender-equal workplace. For details, see the following university's website (in Japanese):
*While this announcement is made in both Japanese and English, the original Japanese version shall be relied upon in instances of possible discrepancy or divergent interpretation with that of the English version.
EURAXESS offer ID: 423955
Posting organisation offer ID: D119061127
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.