RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Tourism studiesEducational sciencesJuridical sciencesPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/08/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Tokyo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
●Fields & Number of Positions
1)Fields of Specialization: The Waseda University Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS) seeks Assistant Professors (without tenure)/Jokyo specializing in one of the fields below with the Asia-Pacific region as their main geographical focus.
I: Area Studies
II: International Relations
III: International Development / Policy Studies
2)Number of Positions: ONE (Tentative)
1) Submitting a research plan and research and WIAPS activities reports respectively at the beginning and end of each academic year
2) Giving an academic talk on the current research project and submit a paper each year
3) Applying for Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKEN) each fall (if never received the Grant)
II. Responsibilities related to the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies (GSAPS)
The expected responsibilities include:
1) Partial teaching of courses as needed: Assistant Professor/Jokyo may be asked to teach parts of a semester course (two courses per year at maximum) from the standpoint of faculty development to the extent that this does not result in an increase in the total number of courses offered at GSAPS.
2) Those related to subsidized projects including preparation of applications and implementation of projects
3) Those related to the management of The GSAPS Journal
4) Serving as MA thesis examiner
III. Responsibilities related to the Waseda Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS)
1) Attending the WIAPS faculty meetings
2) Planning and organizing GSAPS/WIAPS events
IV. Other duties
If there will be other additional duties, they will be individually specified in the Koyojoken Kakuninsho.
Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies
Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies
1-21-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
●Form of Employment
(adjunct, fixed-term contract)
Assistant Professor (without tenure)/Jokyo
●Expected Date to Assume Duty
April 1, 2020
[In accordance with the regulations stipulated by Waseda University]
➢ Work hours: 4 days or more per week, up to 8 hours per day (up to 40 hours per week in total)
➢ Salary:[Example based on the 2019 regulations]
Annual salary for a 27-29-year-old jokyo: JPY 3,585,720 (before tax) (The salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments.)
➢ Benefits: Transit subsidy in accordance with the Waseda University regulations. No
other forms of benefit such as bonuses or severance pay available
➢ Non-working days and holidays: Sunday; New Year holidays, national holidays and university holiday (except those on which Waseda University has scheduled to hold classes)
➢ Vacations: Those mandated by the labor standards act and set by Waseda University (New Year holidays, summer recess etc.)
➢ Social security: Employee's pension insurance, health insurance, nursing-care insurance, employment insurance, workers' accident compensation insurance
Waseda University is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty in order to promote globalization and gender equality on campus. In all matters related to faculty recruitment and promotion, the University prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of national origin, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation, or disability.
EURAXESS offer ID: 428331
Posting organisation offer ID: D119070808
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.