ORGANISATION/COMPANYJapan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureAstronomy › CosmologyBiological sciencesEngineeringEnvironmental science › Earth scienceGeosciencesMedical sciencesNeurosciencesTechnology › BiotechnologyTechnology › Construction technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/08/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Aomori, Kanagawa, Kochi
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
JAMSTEC wants to help talented young researchers who have completed promising Ph.D. theses to develop their scientific excellence. For this purpose, JAMSTEC has established "JAMSTEC Young Research Fellow". Research grants will be provided to successful applicants to facilitate the smooth start-up of their research at JAMSTEC (¥1,000,000 for the first fiscal year and ¥500,000 for each of the second and third years). The successful applicant will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment at JAMSTEC during the contract period.
Successful applicants are expected to conduct scientific work independently on research topics of their own choice or to become involved in research already being conducted at JAMSTEC. The successful applicant will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment at JAMSTEC during the contract period.
A mentor will be assigned to each JAMSTEC Young Research Fellow and will facilitate his/her research activities and evaluate their research progress each year.
[Relevant Research Fields]
Any natural science or engineering field.
*There may be a change in affiliation in the case of reorganization of the Agency.
Any of the following JAMSTEC research sites:
Yokohama Institute of Earth Science,
Kochi Core Research Institute,
Mutsu Research Institute
Annual salary (paid in 1/12 equal monthly payments)
e.g. JPY 5,250,000
*There are no raise, bonus and retirement allowance.
Type of contract:
Discretionary labor system
The period of employment is from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. One contract period is a maximum of one fiscal year. The contract can be renewed, but the total contract period is a maximum of three fiscal years (until March 31, 2023).
* In accordance with the JAMSTEC bylaws, on reaching the age of 65 years during an employed fiscal year, the contract period will expire at the end of the same fiscal year. This bylaw may change.
* This position is a non-tenure-track, fixed-term employee position.
* There may be a change in affiliation in the case of reorganization of the Agency.
For the details, please refer to the above "Job posting URL".
(1) Submitted documents will be managed safely according to strict rules. Personal information received during the recruiting process will be used only for recruitment screening and appointment procedures and not for any other purposes.
(2) The successful applicant should submit a certificate documenting his/her health upon appointment.
(3) Withdrawal of the application must be done in writing.
(4) The above conditions may be changed at the discretion of the agency.
(5) For non-Japanese speakers, daily work will be conducted in English.
The Japanese government encourages social advancement of women. In accordance with this principle and under the JAMSTEC's principle of gender equality, in this call for applicants, JAMSTEC encourages all qualified female researchers to apply. If a male and a female applicant are evaluated equally, we will select the female applicant.
EURAXESS offer ID: 428357
Posting organisation offer ID: D119070397
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.