RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Tokyo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Soka University, Graduate School of Letters / World Language Center (Hachioji, Tokyo) Full-time faculty position, tenure-track (Graduate and undergraduate level responsibilities)
Begin date: April 2020
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
Announcement of the availability of a full-time, tenure-track position in the International Language Education: TESOL Graduate Program through the Graduate School of Letters with shared responsibility in the World Language Center (undergraduate communicative language programs) beginning April 2020.
The International Language Education: TESOL Master's Program is a two-year graduate level program that prepares teachers for diverse educational contexts. The program enrolls both Japanese and international students twice yearly (April and September) with 6-7 members in each cohort. The medium of instruction for all courses is English.
For more information, see
The World Language Center (WLC) is the communicative English course provider for the university, including classes in general English communication for lower levels, and EAP, ESP, test preparation and content- based courses for intermediate and advanced levels. Many of our courses are developed in collaboration with content faculty members, and are designed to meet the specific needs of students in different fields.
For more information, see
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Teaching a combination of graduate courses in the Master's in TESOL Program and undergraduate WLC communicative English language courses (graduate and undergraduate communicative English language courses, in total, not to exceed eight 90 minute periods per week per semester)
- Graduate courses in TESOL taught will be based on the successful applicnat's expertise / needs of the program (such as but not limited to Second Language Acquisition, Writing Skills for Graduate Students, Pragmatics, Philosophy of Education, Testing & Assessment, Technology in Language Education or Pedagogical English Grammar)
- Supervise / co-teach a teaching practicum with one or more graduate students in an elementary level communicative English language course
- Supervise research and curriculum development theses
- Administrative responsibilities as appropriate
- Active involvement in research activities resulting in publications as well as presentations at national / regional / international conferences
Available position : Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor: Determination of academic rank for the successful applicant will be based on teaching experience, academic achievement, publication record and university standard policies.
Tenure-track: Initial three-year contracted position within the World Language Center, possibly to renew for two additional one-year extensions, for a total of five years. Tenure will not be offered immediately, and will not be guaranteed. Further employment beyond the initial three years, including tenure or contract extensions, will be determined during each 3, 1 and 1 year contract renewal period. All contract extensions and considerations will be dependent on recommendations by relevant graduate and undergraduate level administrative committees, the performance of the faculty member, and the needs of the university at the time of any contract renewal. Salary is commensurate with university standard policies considering highest degree attained and teaching experience. Full-time faculty are on campus for four days a week with one research day; full-time standard benefits include health insurance, pension scheme, modest research budget, etc.
EURAXESS offer ID: 433758
Posting organisation offer ID: D119071598
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.