RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Tokyo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
1. Number of positions:
One position, three-year fixed term, as Assistant Professor (助教)
This is a non-tenure-track position. GIS has the option of offering two one-year extensions.
2. Starting date:
April 1, 2020
3. Educational and research fields:
GIS invites applications from persons suitably qualified in the filed of Peace Studies (including, but not limited to: Conflict Resolution and Peace Building, Conflict Social Change, and Conflict Prevention and Global Society)who can enhance the GIS curriculum.Please refer to the current GIS curriculum on the department website.
A total of four or five undergraduate content courses per semester, to be taught exclusively in English. Applicants may also be asked to teach academic skills courses.
Participation in entrance exam preparation and administration, various departmental and university-wide committees, and other duties as required.
The successful applicant can expect to be involved in teaching and administrative work a minimum of four days per week.
6. Requirements and Personal Qualifications:
1) Doctorate by position start date.
2) University teaching experience.
3) English at native or native-like proficiency: Applicants must be capable of conducting classes interactively and carrying out administrative duties in English. They also need to have sufficient proficiency in Japanese to participate in administrative committee work.
4) The ability to work cooperatively with administrators and colleagues.
Salary paid in accordance with Hosei regulations.
Please send all materials by registered post to:
Office of Academic Affairs
Faculty of Global and Interdisciplinary Studies (GIS)
2-17-1 Fujimi Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 102-8160, Japan
EURAXESS offer ID: 433765
Posting organisation offer ID: D119071606
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.