ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Institutes of Natural Sciences, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Tokyo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
NAOJ announces a Project Assistant Professor position for an ARC Scientist at the East Asian ALMA Regional Center (EA-ARC) of the NAOJ ALMA Project to enhance the team to support ALMA science operations.
Join the EA-ARC team as an ARC Scientist to
- Conduct the tasks needed for ALMA science operations;
- Do scientific research using ALMA.
The Science Operations tasks conducted by the team include:
- Support of preparation of ALMA observations or evaluation/reduction of the observed ALMA data;
- Promotion of science with ALMA by contributions at science meetings and ALMA East Asian Users Meeting;
- Contribution to Astronomer on Duty or systems/science verification at JAO in Chile (one month visit to JAO per year);
- In addition to above, the successful candidate may be requested to lead some of the ARC major activities (proposal preparation support, observing program preparation support, data reduction and data quality assurance, pipeline data reduction, user helpdesk, etc.).
ARC Scientist will assign 75% of his/her working time for the above duties. The remaining 25% shall be used for his/her own scientific research such as:
- Excellent scientific research with ALMA;
- Exploration of new research fields with ALMA.
[Address of work location and other information]
Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
[Available positions (Job title, number of positions, etc.)]
Project Assistant Professor on Annual Salary System, one position
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as reasonably possible after accepting the job offer.
Work Type: Discretionary Work
Standard Work Hours: 38.75hrs/week (7.75hrs/day)
No Work Days:Saturday and Sunday, National Holidays, New Year Holidays(December 29-
Paid Annual Leave Entitlement:20 days(to be prorated for the first year),Summer Holidays(3
Monthly salary and allowance:
Shall be paid based on National Institute of Natural Sciences Regulations.
Health Insurance: Pension Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Industrial Accident Insurance
• The NAOJ Advisory Committee for Research and Management will make the final decision for the appointment.
• Policy for Equal Employment Opportunity: Abiding by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act for Men and Women, NAOJ is committed to the realization of a society with gender equality. If two candidates are deemed equal in their performance evaluation, NAOJ will take positive action to employ women. For details, see http://open-info.nao.ac.jp/danjokyodo/
EURAXESS offer ID: 433766
Posting organisation offer ID: D119071626
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.