RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Linguistics
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Chiba
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
1. Position: Lecturer (Full-time)
2. Contract: Three-year contract with the possible extension of two further years.
3. Number of positions: Due to the expansion and revision of the English curriculum from
April 2020, a total of 5 positions are available.
4. Job description:
This full-time position at Chiba University Nishi Chiba campus involves the following duties:
• teaching compulsory first-year classes in Writing, Presentation, Interaction and Discussion.
• teaching second year students enrolled on subject specific English courses in their own departments.
• teaching exam preparation courses and ESP courses at the English Support Centre
• conducting sessions with individual students based on their specific needs
• materials development
• possibility of accompanying students on short study abroad trips
• other duties that may arise
The teaching load will be 12 koma per week. One koma is 1.5 hours.
The university operates under the 6-term system. Terms 1 and 2 comprise the first semester of 16 weeks, and terms 4 and 5 comprise the second semester, also of 16 weeks.
Teachers will be entitled to 20 days paid holiday per year.
Teachers are encouraged, but not required, to pursue their own research.
We wish to hire cooperative teachers who are able to work together on materials development, contribute ideas for the further improvement of the English curriculum and be actively involved in the self-access English Support Centre.
5. Appointment start date: April 1, 2020
(1) Salary will be approximately five million yen per year and will be paid in accordance with
the regulations stipulated by Chiba University.
(2) Commuting allowance will be covered in accordance with the regulations stipulated by
Chiba University (including an upper-limit).
(3) Retirement age: 65
(4) Enrollment in health insurance, workers' compensation, and unemployment insurance
The job title has been revised on August 22 as follows.
Before: Full-time Teaching Position, Chiba University
After correction: Full-time English lecturers at Chiba University
EURAXESS offer ID: 437529
Posting organisation offer ID: D119080528
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.