RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Linguistics
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Chiba
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
1. Position: Lecturer (Full-time)
2. Contract: Three-year contract with the possible extension of two further years.
3. Number of positions: 1
4. Job description:
This full-time position at Chiba University Nishi Chiba campus involves the following duties:
• assisting with the management and coordination of English House
• teaching credited and uncredited classes at the English Support Centre in English House
• advising and teaching individual students and staff
• advising students in language learning strategies and autonomous language learning
• materials development
• possibility of the opportunity to accompany students on short study abroad trips
• other duties that may arise
The working hours are officially from 8:30 to 17:15, throughout the year.
Teachers will be entitled to 20 days paid holiday per year.
The university operates under a 6-term system. Terms 1 and 2 comprise the first semester of 16 weeks, and terms 4 and 5 comprise the second semester, also of 16 weeks.
Teachers are encouraged, but not required, to pursue their own research.
We wish to hire a cooperative, flexible teacher who has experience working with individual students, and is able to advise on self-directed learning.
5. Appointment start date: April 1, 2020
(1) Salary will be approximately five million yen per year and will be paid in accordance with
the regulations stipulated by Chiba University.
(2) Commuting allowance will be covered in accordance with the regulations stipulated by
Chiba University (including an upper limit).
(3) Retirement age: 65
(4) Enrollment in health insurance, workers' compensation, and unemployment insurance
EURAXESS offer ID: 437530
Posting organisation offer ID: D119080531
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.