RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Tourism studiesEducational sciencesLanguage sciences › LinguisticsSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Akita
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
The Graduate School of International Resource Sciences of Akita University is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics. Following an open competition, the successful candidate's post will start on April 1, 2020. We encourage applications from young scholars.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
1. English education subjects: I-EAP (Intensive English for Academic Purposes); practical courses in debate, discussion and presentation skills.
2. The successful candidate will help coordinate the faculty's English program and manage the whole faculty's English education.
3. Familiarity with CALL and learner management software is preferred.
4. Teaching duties will amount to at least six 90-minutes courses per semester, to be taught exclusively in English.
5. Guiding and assisting students in academic matters, including advising students in connection with Resource Science Fieldwork Abroad which is a mandatory four-week practical program. In combination with courses taken before departing and after returning to Akita, this program prepares students for an independent graduation research project that they undertake in the fourth and final year;
6. Other university administrative duties, including entrance exam preparation and administration, various university committees, among other duties as required.
7. Conduct academic research and apply for outside funding such as Kakenhi.
[Address of work location and other information]
1-1 Tegata-Gakuen-machi, Akita, Japan
Postal code 010-8502
[Available positions (Job title, number of positions, etc.)]
Associate Professor or Assistant Professor (Jokyo) depending on qualifications; full-time, non-tenured, 5-year fixed-term which may be renewed once.
APRIL 1, 2020
[Details of salary, working hours, holiday, period of employment and insurance, accommodation, etc.]
Discretionary labor system, based on 7 hours, 45 minutes (8:30–17:15 work schedule with a one-hour break) per day, 38 hours 45 minutes per week
Saturdays and Sundays; Statutory public holidays of Japan; Year-end and New Year holidays (December 29 through January 3); Summer holidays (three consecutive days in mid-August)
Annual salary to be determined in accordance with the Akita University Regulations.
Eligible for MEXT* mutual aid association membership, employees'pension, employment insurance, and workers'accident compensation insurance
*MEXT: Japan's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
1. Akita University encourages applications from young scholars.
2. Akita University is promoting gender equal opportunity.
2. The University's mandatory retirement age is 65.
EURAXESS offer ID: 437547
Posting organisation offer ID: D119080210
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.