RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
Hiroshima University (HU) herewith makes an open international job offer and seeks to appoint Associate Professor with tenure; Associate Professor/Assistant Professor on Tenure Track System in the research area of Educational Planning.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
Undergraduate level (general education courses): Introduction to International Development, etc.
Undergraduate level (discipline specific courses): in charge as necessary, etc.
Graduate level (master's programs): Educational Planning for SDGs I & II, etc.
Graduate level (doctoral programs): Seminars on Educational Planning for SDGs, etc.
* In addition to the courses listed above, he or she may be asked to teach other general education courses and/or discipline specific courses in other department(s) and graduate school(s).
[Address of work location and other information]
Hiroshima University Graduate School for International Development and cooperation
1-5-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8529, JAPAN
[Available positions (Job title, number of positions, etc.)]
Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor, one (1)
April 1st, 2020
(1) If you are agreeable to the application of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work, you are deemed to work for 7 hours and 45 minutes a day and 38 hours and 45 minutes a week. If not, working hours are from 8:30 to 17:00 (from Monday to Friday) and break time is from 12:00 to 12:45.
(2) Workdays are from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) in principle.
(3) Holidays are Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in principle.
(1) The monthly salary system will be applied to successful candidates.
*Currently, we are considering a new annual salary system, and if the new system is introduced at date of adoption, it will apply.
(2) Successful candidates may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred for the trip from their home or former place of work to the new place of work to assume their post in accordance with the relevant regulations of Hiroshima University. For more information, please contact us.
(1)All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(2)Probationary employment period: six (6) months
(3)Hiroshima University promotes a gender-equal society in accordance with the legislative intent of the Basic Law for a Gender-Equal Society.
(4)Application documents of applicants whom we have decided not to employ will be discarded in an appropriate manner, after the completion of relevant selection processes.
EURAXESS offer ID: 437562
Posting organisation offer ID: D119080086
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.