RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kumamoto
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
Sojo University is a private university with a focus on science and engineering. The Sojo International Learning Center (SILC) is responsible for delivering the university's compulsory foreign language program, as well as offering some specialist classes, and supporting the use of English throughout the university community.
This position is initially for a period of two years, with the option to renew twice for additional two-year contracts subject to certain conditions (maximum 6 years total).
There are excellent opportunities for research and professional development.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
1) Teaching duties. Eight 90-minute classes plus three hours of conversation lounge or skills practice center per week during semester periods
2) Research and curriculum development. Lecturers are expected to contribute to curriculum development, materials creation and institutional research.
3) Administrative. SILC lecturers are required to attend meetings, events and activities organized by the SILC and/or wider university.
Members of the SILC are required to attend the university for five working days per week during academic terms (typically from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm).
[Address of work location and other information]
The Sojo International Learning Center
[Number of positions]
Successful applicants are expected to be available for an orientation program commencing March 26
- Gross annual salary of 5,000,000yen including bonuses
- Commuting Allowance
- Research allowance
- Extensive support for research and professional development
- Generous summer and winter vacation periods
EURAXESS offer ID: 437581
Posting organisation offer ID: D119080233
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.