ORGANISATION/COMPANYJapan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryEngineering › Civil engineeringPhysics › Applied physicsTechnology › Chemical technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kanagawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
We are soliciting applications for two Postdoctoral Researcher positions at the Deep-Sea Nanotechnology Research Group (Group Leader: Shigeru Deguchi)at the Research Center for Bioscience and Nanoscience.
The Deep-Sea Nanotechnology Research Group conducts basic and applied research on the synthesis of nanomaterials under conditions mimicking the deep-sea environment,
nanomaterial-based biosensing, and biomimetics based on functional nanostructures found in deep-sea organisms. The group actively seeks collaboration with experts from various fields and industry. Details regarding the activity of the group can be found at:
The successful applicant will be expected to participate in the following research project(s):
1) Research on the nanoemulsification process using the unique properties of supercritical water https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201301403,
2) Research on clean chemical processes using an on-chip micro-flow-reactor operating at high temperature and pressure, and
3) Research on the synthesis of functional nanomaterials using the above processes.
[Relevant Research Fields]
Materials chemistry, colloid and surface chemistry, polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, applied physics, and/or any other fields related to materials science. Research experience using high-temperature and high-pressure equipment is not required.
Postdoctoral Researcher: To contribute to the Agency, a Postdoctoral Researcher should be able to independently conduct the research subject under direction of a leader, and to be appointed to improve his/her research qualities.
*There may be a change in affiliation in the event of reorganization of the Agency.
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka city, Kanagawa,
[Working Conditions & Contract Period]
(1) Number of positions:
2 positions for Postdoctoral Researcher
(2) Type of contract
(3) Working Hours
Discretionary labor system
(4) Contract Period
April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
*Appointment date is negotiable.
*One contract period is maximum of one fiscal year.
*The contract period can be renewed but the total contract period is a maximum three fiscal years (until March 31, 2023).
*This position is a non-tenure-track, fixed-term employee position.
*In accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, on reaching the age of 65 during an employed fiscal year, the contract period will expire at the end of the same fiscal year. This bylaw may change.
Annual salary (paid in 1/12 equal monthly payments)
*There are no raise, bonus or retirement allowance.
(1) Upon appointment, the successful applicant will receive a relocation allowances in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws.
(2) An allowance for commuting expenses will be provided.
(3) The employee and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for social insurance and labor insurance in the proportion specified by current statute.
(4) The JAMSTEC employee cooperative provides various subsidies for mutual aid and welfare services.
(5) A housing lease service is not available.
(6) Holidays and vacations: Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, year-end, and New Year's holidays. Annual vacations with pay, special vacations, leave of absence to care for a family member, and maternity leave are provided.
The Japanese government encourages social advancement of women. In accordance with this principle and under the JAMSTEC's principle of gender equality, in this call for applicants, JAMSTEC encourages all qualified female researchers to apply. If a male and a female applicant are evaluated equally, we will select the female applicant.
EURAXESS offer ID: 445154
Posting organisation offer ID: D119090235
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.