ORGANISATION/COMPANYKochi University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsEngineering › Knowledge engineeringTechnology › Information technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/01/2020 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kochi
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
The Center for Human-Engaged Computing (CHEC) at Kochi University of Technology (KUT) is recruiting a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow (Research Associate) with a strong background in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) who is interested in multidisciplinary research (Video motion games, VR games and neuroscience).
CHEC (http://xrenlab.com), directed by Prof. Xiangshi REN (http://xiangshiren.com) is one of the world's leading HCI labs with a variety of research interests. HEC-related studies are concerned with the development of synergized interaction between humans and computers with a particular focus on human well-being. Currently, we focus on the study of engagement and aging issues. The fellow will lead studies on developing novel video motion and/or VR video motion games for elderly users and conducting neuroimaging studies.
The applicant will also assist in the supervision of a research team of mutually supportive PhD, MSc and BS students in various projects. The applicant may be required to support the center's director in managing some administration work.
[Recent Publications in relation to this position]
1. Ren, X. (Aug. 2016). Rethinking the relationship between humans and computers, Computer, Vol.49, No.8, pp.104-108, IEEE.
2. Law, E., Silpasuwanchai, C., Ren, X., Bardzell, J., Clemmensen, T., Liu, Y. (2015). Leveraging and Integrating Eastern and Western Insights into Human Engagement Studies, Extended Abstracts of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI Workshop '15). Seoul, Korea (April 18-23). New York: ACM Press, pp.2433-2436.
3. Farooq, U., Grudin, J., Shneiderman, B., Maes, P. and Ren, X. (2017). Human Computer Integration versus Powerful Tools, Proceedings of the CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '17), pp.1277-1282, Denver, USA (May 6 – 11, 2017).
4. Salehzadeh Niksirat, K., Sarcar, S., Sun, H., Law, E.L.C, Clemmensen, T., Bardzell, J., Oulasvirta, A., Silpasuwanchai, C., Light, A., Ren, X. (2018). Approaching Engagement towards Human-Engaged Computing. In Proceedings of the CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '18), Special Interest Group (SIG) Proposal. ACM. Montreal, Canada (April 21 – 26, 2018).
5. Niksirat, K.S., Silpasuwanchai, C., Ahmed, M., Cheng, P. and Ren, X. (2017). A Framework for Interactive Mindfulness Meditation Using Attention-Regulation Process, Proceedings of the ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '17), Denver, USA (May 6 – 11, 2017), pp. 2672-2684.
6. Wang, C., Sarcar, C., Kurosu, M., Bardzell, J., Oulasvirta, A., Miniukovich, A., and Ren. X., 2018. Approaching Aesthetics on User Interface and Interaction Design. In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 481-484. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3279778.3279809
7. Jokinen, J. P., Sarcar, S., Oulasvirta, A., Silpasuwanchai, C., Wang, Z., & Ren, X. (2017, May). Modelling Learning of New Keyboard Layouts. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 4203-4215). ACM.
[Details of salary, working hours, holiday, period of employment and insurance, accommodation, etc.]
Employment period: 3 years (No extension. Mid-term evaluation after 2 years)
Salary: annual compensation 4,200,000 JPY
Allowance: Accommodation allowance 300,000 JPY/year
Research budget: 500,000 JPY/year
Social Insurance: included
Working time: flexible (basically 8:30-17:15)
Holiday: Basically, Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and New Year's holidays
EURAXESS offer ID: 445164
Posting organisation offer ID: D119090081
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.