RESEARCH FIELDChemistryTechnology › Chemical technology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Position and the number of opening]
Professor or Associate Professor, one (1)
Academy of Hiroshima University (Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science)
[Field of specialization]
Organic chemistry in a broad sense based on elemental chemistry
Undergraduate level (general education courses): General Chemistry, Exercise in Information Literacy, Introductory Seminar for First-Year Students, etc.
Undergraduate level (discipline specific courses): Basic Chemistry B, Organic Main Group Chemistry, Special Study for Graduation, etc.
Graduate level (master's programs): Organic Main Group Chemistry I, Organic Main Group Chemistry (Seminar), Seminar in Chemical, Research Work on Co-ordination, etc.
Graduate level (doctoral programs): Organic Main Group Chemistry (Seminar), Seminar in Chemical, Research Work on Co-ordination, etc.
* In addition to the courses listed above, he or she may be asked to teach other general education courses and/or discipline specific courses in other department(s) and graduate school(s).
[Address of work location]
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, 1-3-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8526, Japan
[Commencing date of employment]
April 1, 2020
(1) If you are agreeable to the application of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work, you are deemed to work for 7 hours and 45 minutes a day and 38 hours and 45 minutes a week. If not, working hours are from 8:30 to 17:00 (from Monday to Friday) and break time is from 12:00 to 12:45.
(2) Workdays are from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) in principle.
(3) Holidays are Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in principle.
(1) The monthly salary system or annual salary system will be applied to successful candidates.
* Currently, we are considering a new annual salary system, and if the new system is introduced at date of adoption, it will apply.
(2) Successful candidates may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred for the trip from their home or former place of work to the new place of work to assume their post in accordance with the relevant regulations of Hiroshima University. For more information, please contact us.
(1) Probationary employment period: six (6) months
(2) Personal information obtained from application documents will not be used or provided to any third party for purposes other than the necessary procedures related to personnel affairs, salary, and welfare. Application documents of applicants whom we have decided not to employ will be returned to those applicants in an appropriate manner, after the completion of relevant selection processes.
(3) All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(4) For each specialized field of faculty, Hiroshima University has defined Minimum standards for hiring new faculty (“the minimum standards"). We use the minimum standards for the initial screening process of the applicants, and only those who have cleared the minimum standards will qualify as the candidates for the post concerned. The minimum standards used for this international job offer can be viewed by clicking the following URL link.
(5) HU provides employment information (research job, desk job and etc.). If your spouse wishes to work for HU, please refer to the following URL link.
employment information: https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/employment/
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University
Tel: +81 82 424 7405
Fax: +81 82 424 7405
EURAXESS offer ID: 453143
Posting organisation offer ID: D119100230
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.