ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Institute for Materials Science
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringEngineering › Process engineeringTechnology › Computer technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ibaraki
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Job Title] Structural composites
Design of new ceramic matrix composites based on composite theories for structural application (FRPs, MMCs, CMCs, etc.). Development of new processing for them. Development of evaluation and inspection techniques for mechanical properties and fracture mechanism.
[Assignment of the research division and group]
Ceramic Matrix Composites Group, Research Center for Structural Materials
The applicant, qualified as Excellent Young Researcher, will be treated as an independent scientist of the Research Center.
[Address of work location and other information]
Tsukuba. The place of work may be subject to change after employment.
[Number of positions]
1 position available
[Starting date] Apr. 1, 2020 (Will discuss date)
Retirement age 60.
* Reemployment system after retirement in which the retiree is reemployed until the age of 65 if he/she wishes so is in place.
Standard system: 7 hours 45 minutes. *The flextime system and the discretionary work system are in place.
Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays (December 29 to January 3), annual paid leave, summer holidays, maternity leave, special leave for marriages and funerals, and other types of leave as specified in the rules of the institute.
Salary / Supply:
Salary will be decided based on experience, ability, etc.
An annual salary scheme is applied.
For details about "Salary / Supply", please refer to the "Job posting URL".
Data Number:D119101005 and D119100173 are the same Job Postings.
If you want to apply as the [Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers(LEADER)] by MEXT,
please refer to the other job posting Data Number:D119101005.
*English job title [Researcher R19-15 Structural composites] corresponds to job type "Researcher/Postdoc level", "Assistant Professor level", "Associate Professor/Lecturer (full-time) level", "Independent scientist (only for Excellent Young Researcher)", at this job opening.
Joint Participation by Men and Women:
NIMS is creating a friendly workplace environment for everyone because it believes that the endeavor to promote the full working and family lives of individuals with different values and lifestyles is beneficial to the institute. →http://www.nims.go.jp/nims/activity/equality/
- In 2009, NIMS has been certified as an institute implementing the Program for Child-rearing Support at Work based on the Act for the Advancement of Measures to Support Raising the Next Generation of Children. NIMS has established a work environment that facilitates handling both a career and the responsibilities of raising children.
- Flexible working systems, such as the flex-time system and the discretionary work system, are in place.
- Maternity leave, parenting leave, part-time work for child care, and family care leave, etc. are available.
- Personnel expenses to employ a technical or administrative staff for 1 year may be provided to researchers, engineers and administrative staffs who take care of children or other family members.
- NIMS supports female researchers. NIMS encourages applications from female candidates.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453191
Posting organisation offer ID: D119100173
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.