ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Institute for Materials Science
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryComputer scienceEngineering › Materials engineeringTechnology › Chemical technologyTechnology › Computer technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ibaraki
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Job Title] Materials data science
This position is for accelerating new materials development with machine learning techniques which include “extraction of characteristic features of materials" and “generation or design of new candidate materials". Activity of this position should fit with a research to choose the adequate machine learning techniques for various kinds of materials systems. The activity is expected to enhance the understanding of relationship among the descriptors with different types of materials. Development of new machine learning methods is also expected when it is needed. Contribution to collaborative research with industry is also expected.
[Assignment of the research division and group]
Research and Services Division of Materials Data and Integrated System (MaDIS). Taking into account the suitability of prospective employee, NIMS will assign the group among the Division.
The applicant, qualified as Excellent Young Researcher, will be treated as an independent scientist of the Division.
[Address of work location and other information]
Tsukuba The place of work may be subject to change after employment.
[Number of positions]
1 position available
[Starting date] Apr. 1, 2020 (Will discuss date)
Retirement age 60.
* Reemployment system after retirement in which the retiree is reemployed until the age of 65 if he/she wishes so is in place.
Standard system: 7 hours 45 minutes. *The flextime system and the discretionary work system are in place.
Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays (December 29 to January 3), annual paid leave, summer holidays, maternity leave, special leave for marriages and funerals, and other types of leave as specified in the rules of the institute.
Salary / Supply:
Salary will be decided based on experience, ability, etc.
An annual salary scheme is applied.
For details about "Salary / Supply", please refer to the "Job posting URL".
Data Number:D119100996 and D119100188 are the same Job Postings.
If you want to apply as the [Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers(LEADER)] by MEXT,
please refer to the other job posting Data Number:D119100996.
*English job title [Researcher R19-18 Materials Data Science] corresponds to job type
"Researcher/Postdoc level", "Assistant Professor level", "Associate Professor/Lecturer (full-time) level", "Independent scientist (only for Excellent Young Researcher)", at this job opening.
Joint Participation by Men and Women:
NIMS is creating a friendly workplace environment for everyone because it believes that the endeavor to promote the full working and family lives of individuals with different values and lifestyles is beneficial to the institute. →http://www.nims.go.jp/nims/activity/equality/
- In 2009, NIMS has been certified as an institute implementing the Program for Child-rearing Support at Work based on the Act for the Advancement of Measures to Support Raising the Next Generation of Children. NIMS has established a work environment that facilitates handling both a career and the responsibilities of raising children.
- Flexible working systems, such as the flex-time system and the discretionary work system, are in place.
- Maternity leave, parenting leave, part-time work for child care, and family care leave, etc. are available.
- Personnel expenses to employ a technical or administrative staff for 1 year may be provided to researchers, engineers and administrative staffs who take care of children or other family members.
- NIMS supports female researchers. NIMS encourages applications from female candidates.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453192
Posting organisation offer ID: D119100188
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.