RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/12/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ishikawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
1. Recruitment background:
Advanced Research Center for Space Science and Technology (ARC-SAT) was established on July 1, 2019, to conduct innovative research and development of satellites and instruments, and to promote outstanding achievements in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Sun-Earth Space Science. The ARC-SAT is pursuing the "Kanazawa University Microsatellite Project."
2. Research responsibility:
Field of Research: Aerospace Engineering
We are seeking for a candidate who will:
(1) belong to Satellite Development Division, Advanced Research Center for Space Science and Technology,
(2) lead innovative research and development of satellites and instruments,
(3) promote nano/micro-satellites of Kanazawa University and other international/national spacecraft missions,
(4) supervise undergraduate and graduate students.
3. Teaching responsibility:
Lectures and laboratories on fields of information, control, electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical engineering (some lectures may be in English) for the following undergraduate school and graduate division
1) School of Electrical, Information and Communication Engineering, School of Frontier Engineering or School of Mechanical Engineering, College of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University
2) Division of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or Division of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University
4. Address of work location:
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, 920-1192 Japan
5. Available positions:
A full-time professor, No specified limit on term,
A full-time tenure-track associate professor, whose term is 5 years (in principle)
6. Start of employment:
As early as possible after April 1st, 2020
Annual salary system is applied.
2. The website below gives information about employment regulation.
http://www.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/university/administration/regulation/rules (in Japanese)
1. Tenure Track
Refer to the following website for details.
* Outline for the standard in making decision on the approval of academic tenure.
(1) Research achievement in the concerned field is outstanding in both domestic and international research communities.
(2) Research is appropriately planned and sufficiently achieved.
(3) Competitive research funding is sufficiently obtained.
(4) Educational achievement for students (research guidance and lecture) is outstanding.
* In addition to faculty research expense, it is planned to provide the TT Associate Professor with a start-up research fund of approximately 800,000JPY in the first year.
2. Kanazawa University also promotes the courses delivered in English under the internationalization policy.
3. Kanazawa University supports applicants from female scholars and promotes the co-activities of male and female scholars.
http://cdl.w3.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/index.html (in Japanese)
EURAXESS offer ID: 457998
Posting organisation offer ID: D119101037
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.