RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyBiological sciencesMedical sciences › MedicineMedical sciences › OtherNeurosciencesPharmacological sciences › PharmacyTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kyoto
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
The purpose of the “CiRA Project for Discovering and Nurturing Future Independent Researchers" is to identify young researchers with the potential to conduct world-class research and become academic leaders. Under this project, CiRA is seeking junior associate professors (PIs) as follows.
We call for research proposals, which are progressive and distant from conventional ideas, from a wide range of scientific fields. We especially seek applications from researchers who are aiming to pioneer a new life science.
Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University (CiRA)
53 Kawahara-cho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto
By March 16, 2020 (negotiable)
The successful candidate will:
- be employed as regular faculty staff (junior associate professor) prescribed in the Kyoto University Work Rules for Faculty and Staff and paid in accordance with Kyoto University's salary standards.
- receive research funds including start-up expenses (maximum 10 million yen per year).
- have an exclusive research assistant (a part-time researcher, technical staff, etc.).
- be employed for 5 years without reappointment; however, depending on the achievements during said period, there is a possibility of career advancement at CiRA.
- receive a faculty mentor for advising research activities and providing experimental equipment if needed.
- have access to multiple research facilities (cutting-edge common equipment, research space for experiments, Facility for iPS Cell Therapy, Animal Research Facility, etc.)
- have access to CiRA's support staff including offices responsible for secretarial works, medical applications, intellectual properties, publication of research findings, acquisition and management of research funding, etc., to provide the researchers an environment that allows them to focus on their studies.
Kyoto University promotes gender equality. Women are encouraged to apply, and female applicants are given priority if all other achievements and character evaluations are equal.
Submitted documents shall be used just for the selection and never be disclosed, transferred, or lent to third parties without due reason.
Please be advised that submitted documents shall not be returned.
EURAXESS offer ID: 458001
Posting organisation offer ID: D119101053
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.