ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tsukuba
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Knowledge engineeringInformation science › Library scienceTechnology › Information technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ibaraki
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
Four Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions are available within the JST CREST-funded project "Social Signaling" in the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at the University of Tsukuba.
We aim to establish a technology to identify social signals for measuring and modeling social interaction among people. In this study, by applying wearable and mixed reality technologies, we will create an environment where we can support and facilitate creative activities and social interaction among children with autism spectrum disorders, other developmental disorders, dementia and persons with neurological diseases. We also conduct a feasibility study of children's development support, in collaboration with other university and schools for children with special needs. This is an exciting opportunity for conducting an interdisciplinary research between engineering, developmental psychology and medicine.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
The successful candidate will be required to work in one of the following disciplines. However, the candidate must also be adept at working within a team and the wider community.
(1) Social Signaling Technology: Develop an AI platform by collecting and analyzing group dynamics from video, sensor and behavioral data
(2) Development of Wearable Devices: Sensing social and communicative behaviors among people such as touching, reaching, and facial expression by using wearable devices
(3) Mixed Reality Technology: Computer vision, augmented reality, mixed reality and human-computer interaction
(4) Feasibility Studies / Clinical Studies: Feasibility and experimental studies by using devices and/or robots during assisted activities. Socially assistive robotics are also considered.
The applicant should have demonstrated your research competence based on engineering approach in one (or more) of the following areas: social interaction, wearable device, biosignal processing, mixed reality, and human sensing. Preferred experiences include but not limited to developmental study or education for children with special needs and/or autism spectrum disorders.
[Address of work location and other information]
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305-8573, Ibaraki, Japan
[Number of positions]
Maximum 3 (Full Time)
January, 2020 (negotiable, later starts are also possible)
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. (salary range: Salary: 4,080K to 4,560K JPY per annum) Commuting and housing allowances will be provided, and social insurance will be applied. Near campus housing is also available.
EURAXESS offer ID: 458005
Posting organisation offer ID: D119100965
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.