RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciencesLanguage sciences › LinguisticsLiterature
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/11/2019 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kanagawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
Language Skills Courses (English)
Mainly teaching intermediate and upper-level classes designed to improve students' competency in oral communication: Intermediate English (SW) 1a/1b*, Intermediate English (SW) 2a/2b, plus English Speaking a/b.
*SW = Speaking/Writing, a/b = 1st/2nd semester.
Classroom Instuction, Office Hour, Other
1) Teaching English classes for the General Education program (can be for various departments). The number of classes will vary (8 or more), with commensurate salary adjustment, depending on each position. All instructors for 2020 will teach 7 classes both in Spring and in Fall term.
2) Holding one 90-min. office hour/prep hour per week for consultation with students and/or preparing for classes. The time and day will be decided, with prior consent, by the university.
3) Coordinating classes through consultation/collaboration with faculty in order to improve the English program of the university.
4) Extra duties may be requested as occasion demands.
[Address of work location and other information]
Ikuta Campus:2-1-1 Higashimita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 214-8580, Japan
(Instructors may be occasionally requested to teach at the Kanda Campus(:3-8 Kandajimbo-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8425, Japan), with prior consent, when necessary.)
[Number of positions]
According to University Regulations
Annual salary will be determined according to the number of classes assigned and include commuting allowance.
1) All personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of candidate selection.
2) Materials submitted as part of the application will not be returned unless the candidate requests their return in the cover letter. In that case, the candidate should enclose an envelope with a return address and postage.
3) Travel expenses are not paid by the university.
4) Senshu University is committed to promoting gender equality.
EURAXESS offer ID: 458040
Posting organisation offer ID: D119101216
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.