ORGANISATION NAMEINSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE CASTILLA Y LEON
RESEARCH FIELDProfessions and applied sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)Recognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
In line with the centre’s strategy to promote excellence, ITCL is inviting Expressions of Interest from potential international postdoctoral researchers who are interested in applying for a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowship. These fellowships offer individuals the opportunity to enhance their career development and prospects through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility. If successful, the fellowship will provide a competitive salary above € 55,000 (before taxes) and an allocation for research and training costs.
Brief description of the Centre/Research Group
The Castilla y Leon Technological Institute´s (ITCL) (https://itcl.es/en/) aim is increasing the competitiveness of enterprises, organizations and institutions by implementing technological and non-technological innovative solutions, using the units of knowledge and know-how as a competitive strategy.
Energy technologies division is focused on promoting energy efficiency among business associations, local governments and private companies, especially among industrial sector. The division has participated in international projects (H2020) and national projects, both at partner and coordination.
ITCL has accumulated great experience and demonstrable results in the study and improvement of the energy efficiency in the industrial production systems, and in its auxiliary systems, with special attention to industrial cold installations. To this end, it collaborates with industrial companies to implement energy management systems and to carry out very specific development projects, with R&D components, to develop solutions that are not in the market.
As a result of this type of work ITCL has developed specific tools for industrial cold installations, always aiming to improve energy efficiency and the costs associated with its operation: a) intelligent systems for monitoring and integrated control of energy consumption in large installations; b) energy management systems SIGE, software to aid decision making; c) new systems for the implementation of renewable energies.
The project offers an outstanding opportunity to work alongside experienced young researchers on a cutting-edge research topic.
The candidate will join a team of researchers and has the opportunity to work with external collaborators (industrial partners, universities, etc.). Applications from highly qualified and motivated candidates are welcome.
Project objectives are:
- To evaluate industrial facilities energy efficiency through thermo-economics studies, to identify working conditions affecting energy consumption according to machine specifications.
- To develop improvement strategies that minimize energy looses due to inefficient working conditions.
- To test research results obtained through the thermo - economical – studies in collaborators and clients industrial facilities.
- To design research projects that allow the implementation of pilot or demonstration plants applying research results of the thermo-economic analysis.
Task involved and related topics:
The selected candidate will be involved in one of the following activities:
- Research activities as part of the work team of the Energy Technologies department.
- Participation in energy efficiency projects with industrial collaborators
- Elaboration of Innovation and Research programs proposals.
Please note that the Marie Curie grants are very competitive and application requires significant work for preparation.
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please contact and send the documents below as soon as possible to email@example.com indicating MSCA-IF 2019 in the subject line:
- Curriculum Vitae (including the list of publications)
- Expression of interest (cover letter)
- The contact information of at least two references
Project proposals (max two pages) will be also welcome.
Offer Deadline: 15th July 2019
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.