OFFER DEADLINE05/11/2019 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
DEPARTMENTInternational Research Proposal Support Unit
Professor Marta Gemma Nel·lo, established at the Universitat Rovira I Virgili (URV), in Tarragona (Spain), is interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Individual Fellowship (MSCA – IF) Global 2019 call to co-supervise a project with Professor Carlos Morera, National University of Costa Rica (UNA).
The overarching goal of our group is to investigate tourism activity impact in local and regional territory. Our research focus is now on:
• Territorial policies in the management of tourist destinations.
• Tourism, local development and sustainability
• Tourism, culture, creativity and urban and rural development
• Tourism management in protected areas
• SIG for regional and environmental planning of tourism
For the Marie Curie IF call of 2019, we are looking for postdoc(s) with experience in:
- Developing capacity for a protected areas
- Capacity building for sustainable tourism management (managers, local communities and other partnership)
- Tourism and visitation in protected areas: the sustainability challenge
- Collaboration and partnerships between protected area authorities and the private sector, as well as the local community, can stimulate and help secure long-term support for habitat and biodiversity conservation.
- Managing tourism revenues and costs to achieve conservation benefits
We are looking for talented and innovative young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing URV core expertise. Only candidates with an outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals will be considered
URV as Hosting Institution located at Scientific Campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain), and UNA as partner organization, have use of all the technical and scientific facilities for carry out this project.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.