OFFER DEADLINE20/11/2019 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMENot funded by an EU programme
ORGANISATION/COMPANYWarsaw University of Technology Photonics Engineering Division
DEPARTMENTPhotonics Engineering Division
IS THE HOSTING RELATED TO A PROJECT WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
- The research work will be carried out within the NCN OPUS project (ST7): FovHolo: Fovea inspired holographic near-eye display at the Institute of Micromechanics and Photonics at the Faculty of Mechatronics of the Warsaw University of Technology
- Research problem concerns augmented reality technology that is going to change the way we interact in our lives. Holography is the only technique supporting all visual ques of human eyes. Research aims to overcome the technological limitations of holographic displays, which requires a huge amount of pixels. Concept of the holographic near-eye display will be introduced, which mimics the human visual system having variable resolution in the field of view. It means that the highest image resolution will be provided only at the gaze direction of the observation. Thus, proposed foveated holographic imaging concept enables large field of view and, simultaneously, large resolution using a smaller number of pixels. The optical system and numerical methods of holographic content generation and processing will be based on eye-like, non-uniform resolution in software and holographic hardware, which can be dynamically changed according to the eye gaze direction.
- The PHD may solve numerical or experimental research problems.
Offered employment conditions
Duration of the scholarship: 36 months
A PhD student during the term of the contract will receive a scholarship in the amount of PLN 4,500 per month.
Realization of FovHolo project tasks.
Project Manager: dr hab. Eng. Tomasz Kozacki prof. PW.
Obtaining the PhD student status within doctoral school at the Warsaw University of Technology.
- Completed higher education (Master degree) in photonics, optics numerical methods or physics.
- Experience in conducting numerical or experimental research in the field of optical and photonic methods.
- Programming in Matlab environment, or other.
- Knowledge of English, communicativeness, creativity in solving problems, independence, strong motivation to work and carry out scientific research.
- The deadline for submitting documents: until 31/08/2019.
- Form of submitting documents: e-mail to: email@example.com
- Questions related to recruitment should be directed to dr hab. Eng. Tomasz Kozacki in the form of an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly (Faculty of Mechatronics of Warsaw University of Technology, św. Andrzeja Boboli 8, room 517A)
- Note: after successful recruitment, the candidate will have to obtain the status of doctoral student within the framework of the doctoral school No. 3 of NAUK ŚCISŁYCH I NOWYCH TECHNOLOGII Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Mechatronics.
- Document confirming the possession of a professional title entitling to apply for admission to a doctoral school together with a supplement.
- CV, motivation letter and list of candidate's achievements, indicating his predisposition to research work (list of publications and presentations at conferences, information on participation in projects, results of activity in a student scientific movement, prizes obtained, etc.).
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.