Who can apply?
The Fellowships are available for PhD holders from all over the world.
What is the duration?
Fellowships are of a 12 months duration, spent in one of the ERCIM institutes.
How to apply?
Only online applications are accepted.
Next deadline for application: 30 Apr 2019
The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes' scientific fields of competence.
Where are the fellows hosted?
Only ERCIM members can host fellows. For information about the possible hosting institutes, see "participating ERCIM members". For more details, see the homepages of the individual members, or contact the national contact for the ERCIM Fellowship Programme for a specific institute.
When an ERCIM member is a consortium the hosting institute might be any of the consortium's members.
When an ERCIM Member is a funding organisation, the hosting institute might be any of their affiliates.
Fellowships are proposed according to the needs of the member institutes and the available funding.
What are the conditions to apply?
Before applying, please read carefully the "Application guide".
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application year deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record. Nevertheless, before starting the grant, a proof of the PhD degree will be requested.
- complete, submit the application form and send via the online system:
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two scientific papers in English
- contact details of two referees
Please note that the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible).
We encourage not only researchers from academic institutions to apply, but also scientists working in industry.
In order to encourage mobility:
- a member institute will not be eligible to host a candidate of the same nationality.
- a candidate cannot be hosted by a member institute, if by the start of the fellowship, he or she has already been working for this institute (including phd or postdoc studies) for a total of 6 months or more, during the last 3 years.