START DATE24/08/2019 - 16:00
Learn, share and communicate about research!
Based on the idea of "breaking down various walls" around the world, this event provides students, young researchers and professionals of all disciplines and nationalities an opportunity to present their research projects or ideas in 3 minutes and in English, in front of a non-specialised audience.
The winners from the Falling Walls Labs from around the world - including the Falling Walls Lab AIMST - gather annually for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin.
The Falling Walls initiative was founded to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall.
The Falling Walls Lab AIMST is supported by EURAXESS ASEAN.
Falling Walls Lab AIMST is a platform for excellent academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines who would like to present their research work, business model, innovative project or idea in front of their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business – in 3 minutes each.
The Falling Walls Lab AIMST is hosted by AIMST University, Malaysia and will take place on 24 August 2019 at AIMST University, Bedong, Kedah state, Malaysia.
Applications can be submitted via https://www.falling-walls.com/lab/apply/asia-oceania
- Registration is free.
- A certificate of participation will be given to all the participants.
- Promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZ7eEERN38
- e-poster: https://www.falling-walls.com/lab19/posters/lab19_poster_aimst.pdf
• A trip to Berlin, Germany (travel & accommodation covered).
• Participation in the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2019. The Finale winner gets to speak once more on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2019, receives a cash prize, & the opportunity to win a six-month Virtual Residency with Nature Careers of the global publisher Springer Nature.
• A ticket for the prestigious Falling Walls Conference, where leaders from science, industry, and policymaking meet and discuss which walls will fall next in science and society.
• Participation in a Springer Nature event on science publishing and a science excursion.
• An additional EURAXESS Prize of EUR 600 to facilitate the winner’s visit to a research institute of his or her choice located anywhere within the European Union.
- If you are not currently enrolled in university as a Postdoc or a student, your bachelor’s degree may not date back more than 10 years, Master’s degree not longer than 7 years, and your PhD not longer than 5 years.
- By the time of application, the applicants must be of full age according to their domestic legislation or older, however, no less than 18 years old.
- The participation at the Falling Walls Lab is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Therefore, the participation is allowed only once. By applying, the candidate confirms that she/he has never participated in a Falling Walls Lab as a presenter on stage before.