The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network P4 FIT (Perspectives For Future Innovation in Tendon repair) invites applications for 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). The positions are full-time and funded for 36 months. Earliest starting date is June 2021, with the exact starting date negotiable after selection. The 15 ESRs are expected to obtain double PhD degrees in the network academic institutions.
P4 FIT fosters to build a new generation of ESRs with adequate skills to explore non-conventional therapeutic and diagnostic solutions by exploiting the technological advances in nanomedicine. The translation of innovative nanodevices carried out on integrated pre-clinical and vet/human clinical settings are expected to produce solid evidence-based datasets able to reduce fragmentation still limiting the impact of biomedical discoveries and to offer a unique opportunity for identifying new predictive biomarkers through the use of AI and deep learning data analysis.
Working across disciplines and sectors, P4 FIT will foster the 15 ESRs to be creative, critical, autonomous intellectual risk takers at the frontiers of research with the R&I mind-set necessary for thriving careers. P4 FIT will allow to fill the EU gap in tendon healthcare, building up a generation of researchers able to develop nano-based biomedical devices by integrating biology advances to technology innovation, and to computational revolution.
The P4 FIT cross-disciplinary approach includes 6 beneficiaries and 21 partner organizations (10 academic and 11 non-academic) from across Europe.
- ESR 1: Stem cell-based immune modulation and regeneration; University of Teramo, Italy.
- ESR 2: Phagocytes reprogramming for tendon regeneration; Medical University of Vienna, Austria.
- ESR 3: Nanovectors and multidrug loading technology for the treatment of tendinopathy; University of Helsinki, Finland.
- ESR 4: Nanomedicine translation into the clinic; University of Helsinki, Finland.
- ESR 5: Innovation applied to veterinary regenerative medicine; University of Teramo, Italy.
- ESR 6: Hydrogels containing nanotheranostic systems (NanoTher) for personalized tendon medicine; University of Helsinki, Finland.
- ESR 7: Innovation in tendon biomimetic scaffolds production; Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- ESR 8: Scaffolds immune risk management; Medical University of Vienna., Austria
- ESR 9: Extracellular vesicles intelligent stem cell delivery strategy for tendon therapeutic application; Keele University, United Kingdom.
- ESR 10: Novel porous natural-origin polymeric patches for rotator cuff tendon repair; Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- ESR 11: Extracellular vesicles intelligent stem cell delivery strategy for tendon therapeutic application; Keele University, United Kingdom.
- ESR 12: Bio-activated nanofibers scaffolds integrated with advanced drug delivery systems for tendon treatment; Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- ESR 13: Personalized diagnosis for orienting tendon clinics; University of Teramo, Italy.
- ESR 14: Tendon wireless monitoring sensors for injury prevention and supporting rehabilitation; University of Salerno, Italy.
- ESR 15: Advanced technologies in imaging for pathological and aged human soft tissue; University of Salerno, Italy.
Deadline: 31 March 2021
The successful candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulationsfor ESRs. The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in different EU Member States). The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if married or with children). The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months (i.e., EC funding, additional funding is possible, depending on local Supervisor). In addition to their individual scientific projects, all ESRs will benefit from further continuing education, which includes internships and secondments, a variety of training modules as well as transferable skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences.
- To be an Early-Stage Researcher (ESR): You must, at the time of recruitment, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of your research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when you obtained the degree, which formally entitles you to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
- Mobility rule: At the time of the recruitment, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (e.g. work and studies) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- English language: ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- In addition to the general eligibility criteria, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of both host institutions and their doctoral programmes.
In order to guarantee independence, impartiality, accuracy and consistency of the selection phases (eligibility check, assessment of candidatures and online interview), applications for the position will be handled by the P4 FIT beneficiaries under the external supervision of the Advisory Board. The Supervisory Board (SB) will approve the final decisions.
Any redress and appeal are managed by the P4 FIT Coordination Management Team and approved by the SB.
Applicants will receive individual evaluation report, and the final selected 15 ESRs will be listed in the P4 FIT website after the selection period has been finalised.
- 3 position(s) available at University of Helsinki (UH), Finland
- 3 position(s) available at Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU), Germany
- 3 position(s) available at University of Teramo (UNITE), Italy
- 2 position(s) available at University of Salerno (UNISA), Italy
- 2 position(s) available at Medical University of Vienna (MUW), Austria
- 2 position(s) available at Keele University (KU), United Kingdom Staffordshire, Newcastle-under-Lyme