- Deadline: 27 March 2019
This scheme is for non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years.
The Royal Society's remit covers the natural and physical sciences, including biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
Applications for the humanities and social sciences should be made to the British Academy.
Applications for clinical and patient oriented research should be made to the Academy of Medical Sciences.
If you are unsure about which academy to apply to, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist