Call for Research facilitator– Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
JOB TITLE: Research facilitator at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
POST TYPE: Temporary Employee – Civil Servant; duration of 36 + 24 months
LOCATION: Ca’ Foscari University of Venice – International Research Office – Dorsoduro 3246, Venice - Italy
REPORTING TO: Head of Research Office, Scientific Coordinators of the Teams ‘Research for global challenges’
GRADE/SALARY: ‘Tecnologo’, with a gross salary of €36,000 per year
BASIC FUNCTION: The function of this position is to support interdisciplinary research teams in the development of project proposals to be submitted under competitive calls
Issues affecting humans and nature are long-term complex targets that cannot be dealt with single solutions melt together. Horizon 2020, along with the other main funding programmes, is actually no longer organized into classical distinct research themes, while focusing on global challenges to be untangled using an interdisciplinary approach.
Given these premises, Ca’ Foscari University decided to further promote its scientific excellence through the initiative ‘Research for global challenges’, providing researchers with a new opportunity to virtually gather and join interdisciplinary Research Teams, where they contribute with their own expertise and know-how, working together beyond their restricted areas of interest to solve largescale challenging issues.
Research Teams boost research projects to local, national, European and international competitive calls. Moreover they represent key ‘entry points’ for external stakeholders and strengthen networking with enterprises, regional and local authorities, funding bodies and research institutions.
Research Teams focus on the following 6 research fields: Science of complex economic, human and natural systems, Cross cultural and area studies, Public governance, welfare and social innovation, Creative arts, cultural heritage and digital humanities, Environmental technology and green economy, Economics and management of innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Each facilitator is devoted to 2 of the above Research Teams, and works closely with the other facilitators.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidates will support interdisciplinary research teams in the development of project proposals to be submitted under competitive calls. In particular, their main duties and responsibilities will be:
- supporting the overall coordination of the activities carried out by the team members;
- promoting the participation of team members in international networks and partnerships;
- scouting and pre-screening project ideas;
- matching the internal expertise with the most suitable available funding opportunities;
- advising the team members on the most suitable funding opportunities, also through the
- provision of information and training events;
- joint drafting and reviewing project proposals, with particular regard to the overall frame and structure, management and impact, as well as the compliance with the specific requirements and topics set by the calls;
- supporting the establishment, enhancement and maintenance of partnerships;
- submitting project proposals to the relevant calls;
- providing assistance in dealing with the evaluation reports and follow up;
- drafting the contents of the research team webpages.
We seek individuals with a strong commitment, a proven record of research and project designing and management in the research field. The successful candidates will have a strong experience in participating in research groups, conducting international projects, and a proven attitude to raise research funding. Interest and expertise in interdisciplinary research are highly valuable for the post.
- Candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent (any research field)
- Further academic qualifications (post lauream) will be value
- Excellent knowledge of project design and project cycle management theories and techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the main funding opportunities for the academic sector, with particular regard to EU funding programmes (Horizon 2020, LIFE, Creative Europe, JPIs, European Territorial Cooperation,…)
- Good experience in the evaluation of project proposals
- Good experience in reporting and dealing with European Institutions
- Fluency in written and spoken Italian and English
- Excellent organizational skills, coordination of teams and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude, appreciation and respect for cultural diversity and interdisciplinarity
- Problem solving and innovation oriented approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
The official call and the application portal for this position can be accessed on the Ca’ Foscari website at: https://intra.unive.it/plapps/bandi/common/showbando?id=30497
Contacts: International Research Office, tel. +39 041 234 8294, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.