There are two schemes, each offering the same package of support:
- Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine, who are at the early stage of their academic careers and wish to establish a research career in the UK
- Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in all academic disciplines represented at the University
The scheme is open to external (including international) and internal candidates. The University of Nottingham will act as sponsor for any candidate who does not have the right to work in the UK
What the fellowships offer:
- three years’ independent research funding, covering salary costs at c. £40,000-48,000
- the link to a permanent academic post, subject to performance
- additional funding for research expenses totaling £75,000
- childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum
- access to mentoring, career development and networking with the wider fellowship community
- the opportunity to spend time at University of Nottingham campuses in China and Malaysia
- Candidates must have been awarded their PhD. This scheme is aimed at early career researchers, and candidates do not normally have more than eight years' post-doctoral experience.
- Identify your host school/faculty (Faculty of Engineering; Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Social Sciences; Faculty of Science)
- Contact the identified school contact to discuss your research proposal. Check whether the school/faculty has strategic areas where they particularly welcome applications
- Follow the link to the online form for your host school/faculty and ensure you upload your CV and research proposal. The format of the CV/Research Proposal is provided in the individual application links.
- If you have not registered interest via your chosen school/faculty online form, you will not be considered for the scheme.
Deadline: Thursday 22 August 2019.