Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher to work in the Social cognition in human-robot interaction Research Line.
The candidate will work in the framework of the ERC project “Intentional Stance for Social Attunement (Grant agreement number: ERC-2016-StG-715058”).
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and experienced researcher with dual background in cognitive neuroscience and electrical engineering, and with interest in social cognition.
The candidates are required to have:
- PhD degree in cognitive/social neuroscience, experimental psychology, engineering or other related fields.
- Background (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree) in electrical engineering
- Experience with EEG analyses (ERPs, time-frequency analysis)
- Experience with eye tracking
- Experience with human-robot interaction studies
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical analysis tools (such as R, MATLAB, Python, SPSS)
- Experience with software for programming experiments (such as OpenSesame, PsychoPy, MATLAB - PsychToolbox)
- High interest in social cognition
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Interest in human-robot interaction and humanoid robotics
- Ability to conduct research independently
The successful candidate will work on experiments related to social cognition in human-human and human-robot interaction.
Interested applicants should submit their applications in English in electronic form (1) including their CV outlining experience and qualifications, (2) list of publications, (3) their two best first-author papers, (4) a cover letter outlining motivation and statement of research interests and (5) contact details (email address and phone number) of two reference persons to email@example.com, by November 11, 2019, quoting “Post-Doc Opening in Social Cognition in Human-Robot Interaction - CB 77743” in the subject of the e-mail.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).